twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How can I refinance my auto loan so I can lower my payments?

my payments are 270 a mo. now and I want something like 175 a mo. I still owe like 12,000 dollars tricky is'nt it? Or is this even possiable?

How can I refinance my auto loan so I can lower my payments?
It's possible, it will just depend on the term and rate you can get approved for. Call local small banks, or Credit Unions. They tend to have better rates, and may not base your percentage off of your credit score.
Reply:What you don't state is what the car is actually worth.





You need to know your blue book value on your car. Most banks offer lower rates on the vehicle the newer it is...so the car is older then when you got the initial loan. They also usually only finance up to 90% of the value of the car. So if you owe $12,000 but your car is only worth $10,000 then you are not going to be able to refinance it...and if you owe $12,000 but the car is worth $12,500 then you still have a problem. You car needs to be worth a minimum of $13,500 before you even consider refinancing it. If it is worth that then you should go talk to a bank and let them know what you need to do.

myspaces.com

No comments:

Post a Comment