twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Recently divorced w/auto loan in both names. How to remove from credit report?

I am recently divorced, and my husband was granted the vehicle. (We are in Wisconsin, not sure if that makes a difference). Anyhow, he is the primary on the vehicle, and the title is in only his name. Since we're in a marital property state, I had to co-sign. I need to get that loan off of my credit, and can't buy a vehicle until I do. How can I go about this? Thanks!!

Recently divorced w/auto loan in both names. How to remove from credit report?
The only way to remove your name is for your ex to refinance the vehicle in his name only.





Hopefully, you got this in your divorce decree.





Speaking of divorce decrees, if you did not get it in yours that he would refinance in his name only, the lender will not remove your name simply based on your divorce decree saying that he got the vehicle.
Reply:i would talk to your lawyer first and see if the car can be refinanced so your name can be removed i think that the lawyer could talk to the finance place better and able to get a better and faster answer than you could hope every thing works out ok


No comments:

Post a Comment